Not all such lists, however, are totally devoid of worth. Take the one you’re about to read, counting down the 10 best weight-training exercises to develop your shoulders. Even if you disagree with the final outcome or grumble over the order, in the end, you’re left with something very valuable: 10 proven ways to build bigger, denser, wider delts.
Yes, from 10 through 1, each of these exercises can settle one very important question: Just what are you going to do next time shoulders roll around in your training split?
10. Cable Reverse Flye
9. Bent-Over Dumbbell Lateral Raise
8. One-Arm Cable Lateral Raise
7. Cable Front Raise
6. Push Press
5. Wide-Grip Smith-Machine Upright Row
4. Face Pull
3. Dumbbell Lateral Raise
2. Seated Barbell Shoulder Press
1. Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press